Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Weeble Wobble but we didn't fall down

OK, so now I'm on a real computer instead of walking through the airport trying to text a blog post while my heart rate was still well above a safe level! I cannot even describe how horrible the landing was. Seesaw was all I could think of at the moment we got off the plane but I think Weeble Wobble describes it better. We literally tilted to the left and then the right by about 10' each way for the last 500 to 10 feet. I don't know what happened at 10', but thank God it happened or we would have careened down the runway like a Tilt a Wheel. Could it be a coincidence that the book I listened to on the plane -- The Unthinkable -- actually discussed the Sioux City plane crash! It is still, as I write this 9 hours later, topping my list of NOT COOL. And I was warned that it can be bumpy going into Denver. Denver was a piece of cake. The ride to Huntsville was not bumpy, it only wobbled when you least want it to wobble.

It didn't help that we had the strangest conversation going on behind us throughout the entire flight and I wanted to strangle the person who was talking. She was talking about her disabled son and the way that she talks to him was very offensive (hard to describe but trust me), her various drinking and partying in Mexico which resulted in the pregnancy, her strange views on religion and numerous family issues. She did all of this in her outdoor voice and everybody within four rows forward and back of her heard it I'm sure. On top of that, she dropped the F-bomb and many other obscenities within her conversation. Interesting to say the least with two children sitting with me. Lacey finally listened to her I-Pod just to get away from her conversation. Needless to say, the loudmouth was totally silent during the landing event! That's what it took to get her quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment