Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama

Alabama is rather beautiful, as is Tennessee and this whole area. We haven't encountered too many bugs even though we heard they were plentiful. I do have a spider that has a very happy home on our veranda and I would like him to live somewhere else so I could feel comfortable sitting out there in the evening. We may need to look into new accommodations for him, after all I am the paying guest. = )

I know this is a strange observation, but I cannot get over the cemeteries all through Tennessee and Alabama that we've seen. I finally was able to snap a picture of one. It is small, but every gravesite has flowers, and I don't mean just a flower or two, they have bunches of flowers. You only see something like this at home around holidays. We have passed probably 10 or 15 cemeteries along the highways and every one of them looks like this.

For our other drive-by adventure, we went off the beaten path so we could drive by and see Jason Aldean's house (he's a country singer). There we were, a caravan of three cars, all driving out on this country road very slowly past his house with three very excited teen-age girls snapping pictures like crazy. It was fun and paparazzi-like. Lacey took this picture of the 'big green tractor' in his front yard. In case you don't know the significance -- Jason Aldean's first big hit was a song called Big Green Tractor.
And, here's the house, barn, etc. Lacey has already hooked up with Kaci from Texas. They are two peas in a pod. I'm sure as the day goes on and the other 11-12 year old girls get here, there will be a whole hassle of girls found hanging out just like this. In this picture, Lacey was talking to her dad on the phone in the middle of the conference room where we have all of our social activities.
I think the kids must be exhausted because they are both still in bed. I need to get them up and get going for another busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment