Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rock City=Awesome!

Today we went to Rock City. It was gorgeous I would of loved to stay longer but it was just SO hot! We started out at the, well, start! And made our way down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs we went into a little food court thing we went through the gift shop and then went on the enchanted walkway it was BEAUTIFUL! We made it through the first part and then came to Needle's eye.You had to squeeze through a rock that was like cracked in half and my mom, my brother and Brenda had to walk sideways. Courtney and me just walked through and we waited for them at the end.

We walked some more as we went through Deer park and Mushroom rock which I didn't think was that special so I won't go into that. But then we got to Goblin's underpass. It was just a tunnel but it was creepy water was dripping from the rocks (condensation) and there was spider webs.

Then we got to a place were you could chose to walk on the stone bridge or the swing-along bridge. I really wanted to go on the swing-along bridge but my mom didn't want me to fall through the medal gate that was on each side of the bridge and fall and die. But then Courtney wanted to go on it and so did Brenda so my mom was on the other bridge taking pictures. I just walked across it without hanging on, it wasn't even scary. After that we went up to Lover's Leap. You could see 7 states it was HIGH!! Freaky!!!

I got bored so I went on a rock climbing wall. I was in a cable rope so if I fell then I would go down on a rope. I got about half way up and I got really scared so the guy told me to let go of the wall and I would go down slowly on a rope but I was too scared and so I climbed down a little ways and then he said if I jumped then he would catch me. So I let go and he watched me float to the ground! Wish I would of just listened! I had lots of fun.

Later we went to incline railway. I was freaked out half way up the mountain 'cause all I could see when I looked up was straight railroad! We got to the top and you look down and you see a little track and then it's gone because it is that much downhill! We were at a 72.7 incline we started going down slow like 2 miles per hour and then we got up to like 7 then they told us that if it got over 10 miles per hour then the brake would come on and we would stop.

When we got back to the car we turned on the radio and the AC and the radio said it was 100 degrees and that they advised you to stay inside! Ha! We had been outside all day. My mom is sunburned on the face now.

Written by: Lacey


Leave comments!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

6 comments:

  1. Hey Lacey! How do you guys like Alabama? I've never been there. Davy wants to know if you've had any BBQ yet. Keep up with the posts. I love reading them!

    -Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have written two comments and lost both of them. I will try this. If it works, I will write more. I love you all GDEEDEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try again. Will it work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!!! It worked. My fourth comment and it worked!!!! I miss you and love you. Your trip sounds fantastic. I wish I was there. The lady on the plane sounded weird. Oh well it is over. The train sounded great and scary. The car is awesome. Write more. I will answer. The problem is that I have to answer as annonymous. If you have a better idea, send it on. Kisses, GDEEDEE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wrote another loooong comment. It did not send. Just know that I love you and I am reading all of your blogs. GDEEDEE

    ReplyDelete