Thursday, July 1, 2010

The King

Sorry we haven't blogged today. Lacey intended to blog while we were driving from Memphis to Florence but instead she slept the whole way.

We did the Graceland thing today. It was nicer than I expected. The house is small by todays standards but it was very interesting.

This is the main living room. Pictures were difficult to take because no flash is allowed. The stain glass in this room was beautiful.
This was the TV room downstairs. Elvis had three TV's in this room because he could watch all three major networks at the same time. Strange decor....

This was the room that impressed me most. It was a little overwhelming. It was actually his racquetball court that they have turned into a shrine of sorts. I was taken aback in the room realizing how much he accomplished in such a short period of time. It really is unreal.

I took a lot of pictures that I are posted on the Picasa page. I don't have time to organize them as we are flying home tomorrow so I need to get packing.

Thanks for reading us all along, it has been fun!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about Graceland. I have always wanted to go. It will be great to have you back home. Be safe. I love you all. GDEEDEE

    ReplyDelete